The Stables is a supported living placement, providing a structured step-down to fully independent living, whilst maintaining the Care in Mind evidence-based model of care. The Stables accommodates a maximum of two young people, with an experienced staff team available to support the young people on an outreach basis. The young people are supported through a full programme of independence. The young people support the day to day running of the house including cooking, cleaning and budget management.
In order to be accepted for this service, the young person will:
- Have a history of mental health difficulties requiring inpatient or specialist residential placements
- Be motivated to continue their treatment whilst accessing a less intensive level of residential support
- Be able to manage their medication independently
- Be able to manage basic activities of daily living independently, but require support for more complex tasks
Exclusion criteria for this service would be:
- Requiring ongoing 24-hour support from staff (including waking/sleeping nights)
- Requiring staff support to administer medication
- Significant risk to others, including exploitation and fire setting
The Stables is located in Ramsbottom in a two-bedded house in the grounds of Stubble Bank, one of our residential homes. The Stables is located on a bus route with easy access to local services including colleges and the local Prince’s Trust. The young people who live here are encouraged to make space their own.