On Saturday 8th December, Care in Mind celebrated in style at our annual Christmas Party and Staff Awards Ceremony. This year’s event was a Casino Royale theme and gave our teams the chance to dress up and celebrate a year of amazing achievements.
Care in Mind Auction
The celebrations also included a charity auction in aid of three charities:
- The Seashell Trust (http://www.seashelltrust.org.uk/) – supporting children and young adults with complex learning disabilities and additional communication needs
- The Down’s Syndrome Association (https://www.downs-syndrome.org.uk/) – “Helping people with Down’s syndrome to live full and rewarding lives”
- The Stockport Women’s Centre (https://www.thewomenscentre.uk.net/) – which specialises in providing services for women surviving poverty, social exclusion and emotional trauma consequent to sexual and/or domestic abuse.
Expertly compered by Josef Comyn-Doyle, Clinical Nurse Specialist, the auction was a roaring success! Along with the raffle, we raised over £1500 for the charities. We’d like to extend our thanks to all the organisations who got involved providing gifts and experiences – there were some incredible lots up for grabs on the night including:
- Signed football memorabilia
- Chauffeur-drive experience
- Restaurant vouchers
- Night out experiences
The auction followed our annual staff awards ceremony, where our Executive Management Group presented a series of “Employee of the Year” Awards, along with two special recognition awards.
This year’s “Innovation in Practice” accolade was awarded to Dominique Hooper, Best Practice Facilitator for her achievements in supporting the effective delivery of our model of care across the organisation.
The “Outstanding Achievement” award went to Maggie Hopson, Service User Involvement Coordinator, who has made incredible strides in our involvement strategy this year, including the recruitment of two “Young People’s Champions” to support our work in ensuring young people are firmly at the centre of all we do.
Well done to all the winners and a big thank you to all our teams for all your hard work in 2018!