Within our specialist Eating Disorder services, we support young people with complex eating disorder presentations and comorbid mental health conditions. These young people may have had a history of long term or repeated hospital admissions or have struggled to maintain progress in the community, and so require a specialist intensive residential placement in the community to support their journey to recovery.
The core elements of the Care in Mind model underpin our approach, with additional specialist eating disorder interventions based on comprehensive individual assessment and formulation.
Young people at Maplehurst benefit from the support of our comprehensive MDT including the specialist residential team, Consultant Psychiatrist with a specialism in Medical Psychotherapy, Specialty Doctor, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Clinical Psychologist, Dietitian and Dietetic Support Worker.
Maplehurst is a 5 bedded home located in a residential suburb on the outskirts of Leeds. The house is conveniently located for access to Leeds as well as local amenities including shopping and leisure centres. Leeds train station is only 3 miles away.
Young Person Profile
- Aged 16-25
- Has complex mental health needs and disordered eating
- May have diagnoses or presentations of:
- Treatment-resistant Anorexia Nervosa
- Emerging / borderline Personality Disorder & comorbid dietary restriction as a form of self-punishment
- ARFID/ASC related dietary restriction
- History of long term or repeated hospital admissions
- Have struggled to maintain progress in the community
- Moving home may not be an option
- Stable physical health/BMI
- Have managed a period of time without NG tube feeding