WHY WORK FOR US
What our Staff Say About Us
Working for Care in Mind has opened my mind to a different way of working with young people suffering from mental health difficulties. It is satisfying to know that we are contributing to the recovery of our young people and introducing the aspect of responsibility to their lives which is a key part of the recovery process.
I am made to feel very welcome. It’s a good atmosphere to work in as it makes me feel like I can talk to people, such as the manager or team leaders if I have a concern about something or someone in the house. I enjoy working as a support worker because of Care in Mind.
Care in Mind is the first company I have worked for where I can honestly say you are pushed to achieve your full potential and the support you are given throughout is remarkable.
Why Work For Us?
At Care in Mind, we recognise that the key to our success is the dedication and commitment of our workforce. Without them, we would not be able to provide the best care and support to our young people. It is important to us that our staff are valued and recognised for the work they do and we believe in supporting our staff to achieve their full potential through training and career development opportunities.
When you join Care in Mind you will be part of a team who are passionate about providing individualised care. Our staff are dedicated to the successful transition of young people to greater levels of independence and we have helped many to live increasingly happy and fulfilled lives, without the need for re-admission to mental health services.
You will be joining a rapidly growing organisation and colleagues who are pioneers in their field and have an excellent reputation. Care in Mind’s therapeutic approach is unique and innovative. We have reached our current success due to the dedication and determination of all our employees.
Care in Mind actively recruits committed individuals of all backgrounds, ages and levels of experience. We want to ensure that our young people receive the best possible care. We recognise that it is important to employ people with the right personal qualities and competencies and, depending on roles, experience may be less important as we provide specialist training.
We have an extremely diverse workforce and a large variety of roles such as Residential Support Workers, Team Leaders and Registered Managers, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Clinical Psychologists and Psychiatrists.
To support and value our staff we have developed a range of initiatives to reward and recognise our employees. These include:
- National Living Wage employer
- Holiday entitlements that start at 22 days plus 8 bank holidays, increasing after just 18 months of service
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Continuous personal development reviews to support and develop your career progression
- Access to a free confidential counselling service 24/7 as part of our Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Childcare Voucher Scheme to support staff with young children
- Superior pension scheme to benefit all employees
- Our own Training Academy providing free NVQ training at most levels to ensure career progression
- Lucrative ‘refer a friend scheme’ – up to £500 for one referral
- Events during the year including Summer and Christmas parties
- Annual Awards Ceremony to recognise staff achievements
- Paid DBS checks
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Employee of the Month awards
- Employee savings platform offering discounts on top high street and online retail brands
- Free onsite parking